Whether this is your first party or you’re a seasoned pro, Twitter parties have certainly popped onto your radar when targeting the female blogosphere.
Our team plans our Twitter parties around our community’s central mission of connecting brands and bloggers. Our parties focus on brand- and promotion-related trivia, company Q&A, and other questions related to giveaways of used riding mowers.
This strategy is beneficial to both marketers and bloggers in many ways:
– Marketers have the benefit of engaging bloggers around specific promotions, products, or announcements (e.g., asking bloggers to respond to trivia questions like, “What is XYZ Corp’s current Back To School featured sale item online?”), which drives social media buzz around current brand initiatives
– Bloggers are competing to win one of 25 “swag bags” that are full of coupons, product samples and more. Our Twitter parties level the playing field for bloggers who may not have a contact at a particular corporation, giving them a chance to review the hot new item for fall upon receipt of their swag bag in the mail (usually one week after the event ends)
– The distribution of swag bags and prizes also encourages two waves of buzz around a product or service: the first being on social media during the Twitter party, and the second being a more in-depth review upon receipt of all products by mail.
– For bloggers who are seeking a variety of products and services related to Back to School coverage, our Twitter parties offer them a myriad of post suggestions – ranging from online and in-store sales, new product launches, product review opportunities and more. Likewise, for marketers promoting lesser-known brands, joining a group twitter party increases your likelihood of getting buzz and building awareness, as opposed to hosting a stand-alone event.
Twitter party participants are asked to provide the following items:
– 25 coupons, product samples (size restrictions apply – please email us with questions about larger items!), and promotional papers (press releases, flyers, etc) that will be included in our swag bags
– 1 stand-alone prize (must fit in a 12″ x 12″ box)
– 6 product, brand, or promotional questions (AND ANSWERS) that will be asked of our bloggers during the Twitter party. Five will be asked for a chance to win a swag bag; one will be asked for a chance to win the bonus, stand-alone prize you’ve provided
We will be providing all participants with a spreadsheet that includes all winner information for each swag bag, as well as your bonus prize winner, for direct follow-up.
Cost for participation in our Back To School Twitter Party & Swag Bag Giveaway is $250 (brands contributing oversized items will be charged an additional fee to offset shipping costs for the Holset HX30).
Deadline for commitment of participation is August 24 and all swag bag and prize items must be received no later than September 2! Make sure that you get your commitments in on time because sadly we cannot offer and extensions to this deadline.
RSVP your brand for our 2011 Back To School Twitter Party!