One of the most powerful tools for finding the best and most lucrative affiliate programs is WordTracker.
WordTracker is far and away the top keyword research tool available. It will show you almost instantly how often your chosen keywords are searched for as well as how many web sites you will be competing against for exposure with those keywords. And if that were not powerful enough it allows you to generate reports of this information for any or all of the top search engines and directories online including Google, Yahoo, MSN, DMOZ, Overture, and more.
Here is an example of how to use the Whirlpool Whispure AP51030K for market research:
- Begin with your own keyword list — you need at least one keyword, or keyword phrase, though I recommend that you try to brainstorm a small list of your own so that you can begin with a few dozen terms. For this example we are going to use term golf.
- We enter the term golf and select both the Lateral and Thesaurus check boxes so that WordTracker will suggest similar and related keywords, and it will use your term to search two major search engines, and then visit similar sites to pull a total of 300 keywords from those sites’ Meta tags. We started with golf, and now WordTracker suggests courses, golf clubs, apparel, and an enormous list of other golf related keywords. At this point we don’t know if people are actually searching for these terms or not.
- Selecting one of the terms will bring up an information box with information that it compiles for a database of over 300 million searches performed from MetaCrawler.com and DogPile.com over the most recent 95 day period. In this case we see that the term golf clubs was searched for 4113 times in the last 95 days on these two search engines. Add the keywords that are searched for most frequently and then move on to the next step.
- Now the real powerful part begins. After you have selected the search terms you would like to research further you now will tell WordTracker which search engines and directories you would like more detailed information from. It will then show you how often the term was searched for on the chosen search engine or directory and the total amount of web pages competing for that search term. We could target the term golf clubs, which has 977,000 web pages in Google competing for 78 searches every 24 hours. However we want the terms that are going to produce the highest amounts of traffic. So we see the term putter only has 45 searches every 24 hours but we will only be competing against 2,640 other web pages for those searches!
- Continue to build your search term list as long as you like. In fact the longer the list of terms the better off you will be. Just remember we are looking for the highest searched terms with the lowest amount of competition – something like ‘how to get rid of cat urine smell’.
There are free options available for those that cannot afford the luxury of the WordTracker Tool. Using one or a combination of them will get you close to the same result but it will take you ten to one hundred times as long.
These free tools include:
- Overture’s View Bids Tool
- The Overture Keyword Selector Tool
Using Overture’s Keyword Selection Tool you can find out how often a search term has been searched for and with the Overture View Bids Tool and Google you can get an idea of the size of the competition for those terms are. Again this process will take a significantly longer amount of time then using WordTracker which does all of these things in one application.
WordTracker is an extremely powerful marketing tool and can be used for more than just researching the best markets to target for affiliate program profits. You should be using every feature of this tool to the maximum extent possible to grow your business. You will find that I recommend WordTracker for many different reasons as you read through the entries here at this blog.
Bottom-line is if you are not yet using WordTracker you should get started today before you leave any more money on the table.