Today I plan to be:
- celebrating my 9th wedding anniversary.
- bribing my kids to clean their rooms with promises of marble cake afterwards.
- glad it is not too hot.
- feeling guilty because I listened to A Prairie Home Companion while the radio station asked for listener support (money).
- wondering if Girlie has allergies.
- trying to figure out how to get silver sparkly nail polish off one of her dresses. (Thanks for that, ILs. :-/)
- going to make a new Manduka PROLite for ZB. He lost a tooth two nights ago while he slept, and lost the pillow some time before.
- dreaming of vacation.
- going to see if I can’t find some more Elizabeth Gaskell in local libraries.
- wishing the kids’ friend from down the street would stop freaking me out by running across the grass and peeking in my window before ringing the doorbell.
This weekend I hope I will be able to say that:
- I taught ZB how to ride his bike without training wheels!
- I have more clean laundry than dirty!
- I wanted to give Anna a hug, and I am not a hugger.
- I wished I had a serger.
- I started watching Season 6 of the Sopranos.
- I encouraged my salsa (I hope!)
- I wished I could afford to put Bebe in preschool. :-/
- I read fairy tales everyday…to myself! (I love fairy tales.)
- I found Strictly Ballroom at the library and checked it out. (Reesie!)
- I did not try to keep up with my google reader and instead, marked all as read. 😀
- What did you do this week?
These are my latest yarn purchases. The background is a “painting” I’m working on and will probably never show. I am in no way, shape, or form an artist, and my work will probably be embarrassingly simple, and never make the blog, heh. I used my gift certificate, so yea, I’m still winning the “no spend” game. The greens are for a hat I want to make for myself. Probably Foliage. I won’t need two skeins though, so I’ll probably end up taking one back and getting some yummy Manos instead. I also got a blue skein of nature wool, but now I’m meh on that too. The Noro, also meh now that I’m home.
First of all, I meant to buy the Honeywell HFD-120-Q air purifier, but forgot, and bought Kureyon instead. Second, I was going to make a scarf with it but 1)I already have a scarf that I wear constantly and love, and 2)Meh. LOL. I was a little disappointed in visiting this shop, as I always am. They didn’t have the circs, DPNs, or stitch markers I wanted (the whole point of the visit was to pick up supplies to make Foliage)and said they were doing inventory, but the few times I have gone, they’ve always been out of something I wanted. One thing I do love, is the attitude of the shopkeeper and the knitters at the store. Everyone is so friendly and helpful. There was a sock class going on while I was there, which was cool to watch. Not like another very popular yarn shop in Austin where I always feel like I’m not cool enough to shop there. I hate being made to feel that way, don’t you? OK, enough with the OT. Happy Saturday!